Heeman's Raspberry Clafoutis
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 1/2 cups/ 625 mL Heeman raspberries, strawberries or sweet cherries, unsweetened; fresh or frozen*
- 1 ½ cups/375 mL egg white (regular eggs are acceptable as a substitute)
- 1 ¼ cups/300 mL milk (2%)
- 1 cup/250 mL all-purpose whole wheat flour
- ½ cup/125 mL brown sugar**
- 3 tbsp/45 mL melted margarine or butter
- 1 tbsp/15 mL vanilla extract
- ½ tsp/2 mL salt
* Save some fruit for garnish
** Those with a sweet tooth should add ¾ cups of sugar, white or brown
Optional Toppings: icing sugar with whiped topping, low fat vanilla yogurt or either fresh or frozen or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees.
- Grease a 11inch/28cm spring-form pan with fluted edges and spread fruit on bottom.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, margarine/butter, vanilla and salt in a blender. Blend at medium, scraping sides down once, until smooth. Can also be combined in a bowl and whisked until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly over raspberries. Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Dust with icing sugar, slice and serve warm with a dollop of yogurt or ice cream.
Additional Option: For chocolate lovers, 2-4 tbsp of cocoa can be added into blender depening upon intensity of flavour required.