Heeman's Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
This is the perfect way to enjoy strawberry shortcake ‘on the go’ without the mess! Voted the Top Traditional recipe in our Recipe Contest!
- A quart of fresh Heeman strawberries
- A jar of your favorite Heeman jam
- 12 Vanilla Cupcakes (from a box is fine, or you can make it from scratch)
- 4 cups of icing sugar
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of puree strawberries
- 2 tsp of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 sandwich bag or piping bag
- Cut a cone-shaped piece out of each cupcake
- Fill each center with your favorite Heeman Jam
- Cover the centres with the piece you cut out
- Blend shortening, butter and vanilla together well.
- Add icing sugar one cup at a time until all icing sugar is added. Add milk along the way if icing gets too tough, 1 tsp at a time until you reach the consistency needed (when the peaks of your icing is firm).
- Add as much strawberry puree as you would like, you may not need the full ¼ cup. Mix well.
- Place into piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with fresh strawberries or any other fun toppings!