Heeman's Oatmeal Berry Bake!
Servings: 4 - 6
- 1 ½ cups/375 mL strawberries, washed, hulled, chopped into bite size pieces*
- 2 ¼ cups/550 mL rolled oats, uncooked
- ⅓ cup/75 mL honey or brown sugar
- 3 ⅓ cup/875 mL milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp/10 mL vanilla
- 2 tsp/10 mL cinnamon
- Cinnamon sugar or chopped nuts to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease square baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, strawberries and brown sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla; mixing well. Combine with oatmeal mix and pour into baking pan.
- Bake until centre juggles slightly, 35 to 40 minutes depending upon oven.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to garnish in the last 5 minutes.
*Options: While Heemans favorite is strawberries we have also used blueberries, raspberries, apples, peaches and raisins. Chopped nuts can also be used as a topping for #5.