Heeman's Grilled Sweet Corn and Pepper Salad!
Grilled Sweet Corn and Pepper Salad
This recipe fills you up with season fresh veggies but unlike other summer salads it doesn't sit heavy on you afterwards. It also has a great shelf life and can be made ahead of time and served warm or chilled.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ears of fresh sweet corn (⅔ dozen)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- ½ jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Ontario garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ coarsely ground black pepper
- Soak sweet corn (husks on) for at least 30 minutes to allow water to soak in completely
- Preheat the grill to medium then place cobs of corn on the grill (husks on) and cook. Turn frequently until corn husk is charred and black. Cook time should be 12-15 minutes.
- Remove corn from the grill, remove husks when cool. Cut the kernels with a sharp knife and place in a serving bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, toss to combine. Serve!