Coupon Christine: Coupons for Holiday gifts!
Coupon Christine: Coupons for Holiday Gifts!
Furnaces are being turned on and pricey hydro bills will be rolling in. So what other ways can you save money this winter to offset the extra cost of heating your home.
1. Washing your clothes in cold water can save you up to $100 a year
2. Remember that cleaning refrigerator coils regularly can improve performance by up to 25%
3. Save up to $100 a year and turn your thermostat down by 5ºC when you go to bed or leave the house.
4. Reversible ceiling fans push hot air down in winter and ventilate in summer by pulling hot air up. They’re especially effective in rooms with high ceilings.
5. Check the temperature. Fridges should be 4° C (39° F). Freezers should be -18° C (0° F). If they are set just a few degrees higher, you are losing money!
Coupon Find of the Week:
Want to save money this holiday season while shopping for the kids? Well do I have some exciting coupon news: YES! There are coupons for toys! Some even printable!
Visit www.websaver.ca – there are amazing coupons for Barbies and Fisher-Price products.
· Also, on specially marked packages of Kellogg’s cereal right now you can get $5 off Hasbro board games.
· Another great tip is to sign up with Mega Blocks Canada (http://www.megabloks.com/ca/), they send out AWESOME coupons right around the holidays. Last year I scored some great deals on Mega Blocks products, which I donated to Toys for Tots campaigns.
You might want to do this for other companies you are watching for your children’s wishlists. See if they have a Canadian website, sign up for their email list and you may just get coupons in your email inbox!