Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Latte - made at home!
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
- 1 level tablespoon pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1 cup milk (whole if you dare!)
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar (packed and leveled)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (+ a pinch for dusting later)
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups strong coffee (brewed using 2 tbs per 1 cup of water)
You can also use a shot or two of espresso instead of coffee.
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- Sugar to taste
- Whipped cream
Begin brewing coffee.
In a blender puree the milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and vanilla. Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the milk is warm and begins to froth slightly. (About 4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat.
For each serving: Pour 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into your coffee mug. Add 2 generous tablespoons of half-and-half. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then add 1 cup of brewed coffee. Top it off with a touch more ‘pumpkin milk,’ add sugar to taste, then cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
TIP: You can also make a bigger batch of the pumpkin mixture in the blender and store it in the fridge for a couple days. Easy pumpkin spice latte in the mornings!