OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. To enter a contest (the “Contest”), an announcement will be made [X] times each weekday of the Contest Period (one each at approximately [insert respective times the announcements will be made] [NTD: must correspond to the number of announcements per weekday (i.e. X)][insert time zone]) [if applicable add: and [Y] times each weekend (one each at approximately [insert respective times the announcements will be made] [NTD: must correspond to the number of announcements per weekend (i.e. Y)] [insert time zone])], telling listeners to call in for a chance to win (the “Announcements”). When you hear an Announcement, call, text or email to the appropriate radio station (975 Virgin, BX93, 1290 CJBK, Funny 1410). If asked to call, and in the event that the entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply. Each Eligible Draw Entrant will be announced either on-air, by return text to the winner, and/or through social media (a return Facebook message). If contacted by phone the winner may be required to chat on-air. If there is not a clear telephone connection between the radio station on-air announcer and an Eligible Draw Entrant, such that one or each other cannot hear the other, such Eligible Draw Entrant will be disqualified, and the Contest Sponsor will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. Each Eligible Draw Entrant will then be required to provide a representative of the radio station with his/her name, address and telephone number. In conducting the contest, the radio station and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any Eligible Draw Entrant who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any Eligible Draw Entrant so disqualified. The odds of becoming an Eligible Draw Entrant will depend on the total number of individuals calling the Contest Line following the applicable Announcement. . No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. [If more than one Prize is avaiable to be won, there is a limit of one (1) Prize per household].
2. The contest sponsor is one or more of: 97-5 Virgin Radio/BX93/1290CJBK/Funny 1410, a division of Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, and be of the age of majority in Ontario, unless otherwise stipulated. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. [if Contest is open to those under age of majority, Subject to the age limitation provided above, entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win [a/the] Prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts the Prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant.] [A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter]
4. Prize[s] must be accepted as awarded. The Prize[s] may not be sold, transferred [and [is/are] not convertible to cash – except in the case of the prize being money issued in the form of a cheque. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
5. Unless a specific caller number/email or text received is required for the contest], a random draw for the Prize [s] will take place at Bell Media Inc., London, Ontario] from among all Eligible Draw Entrants (the “Prize Draw”). The first Eligible Draw Entrant[s] drawn will [each] be eligible to win [the/a] Prize. The odds of winning [the/a] Prize from among the Eligible Draw Entrants depend on the number of entries received. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact [each] potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won [the/a] Prize or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian] by telephone within two (2) business days after the Prize Draw. In the event that [a/the] potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the Prize Draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared [the/a] winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded [the/a] Prize, the potential winner, or in the case of a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian], will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that [the/a] potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until [a/all] qualified winner[s][has/have] been duly selected.
6. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
7. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name[s] of the Prize winner[s] (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.